Do you have an idea for a Jefferson State Mascot? You could win a semester’s scholarship!
Jefferson State Community College is looking for a mascot. This is a great opportunity to be creative and/or influential and win a one-semester tuition and fee waiver. If you are a great artist, submit your artwork. If you are not a great artist but have a great idea, tell us about it. The mascot should embody what it means to be a part of Jefferson State Community College from Athletics to Nursing.
Who May Enter: Any currently enrolled JSCC student.
How to Enter: Entries may be submitted electronically or hardcopy.
Deadline: All entries must be submitted by midnight on March 27th, 2020.
Judging: Entries will be narrowed down by a panel of judges. The top entries will be voted on by students and staff to determine the winner.
Award: If a winner is selected, he or she will receive a one-semester tuition and fee waiver for use at JSCC only. This scholarship is not transferable to another person or institution and may not be used for books or redeemed for cash.
- The mascot cannot duplicate another Alabama Community College. For a complete list click here.
- This contest is for the Mascot only, the logo and school colors cannot be changed.
- The winning entry will:
- Reflect the mission and vision of Jefferson State Community College
- Be inclusive of all JSCC students
- Show a passion and investment in JSCC
- Be adaptable to all types of media (print, online, athletics, mascot costume, etc…)
Alabama Community Colleges Mascot List
Bishop State Wildcats
Bevill State Bears
Chatahoochie Valley Pirates
Coastal Sun Chiefs
Enterprise State Boll Weevils
Gadsden State Swoops (bird)
Lawson State Cougars
Lurleen B. Wallace Saints
Marion Military Tigers
Northeast Alabama Mustangs
Shelton State Buccaneers
Snead State Parsons (bird)
Southern Union Bisons
Wallace Community College Selma Patriots
Wallace State Lions