The Medication Aide program is designed for students who are already a Certified Nursing Assistant. This course prepares students to administer routine medications to patients in nursing facilities, assisted living environments, correctional institutions and more. Medication Aide may be completed in a matter of weeks. Following the successful completion of training, students may apply to sit for the Medication Assistant Certification Exam (MACE).
- Basic Competencies and Procedures
- Medication Information
- Different Systems of the Human Body
- Musculoskeletal System
- Urinary System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
- Nervous System
- Digestive System
- Endocrine and Reproductive System
- Sensory System
- Skin and Mucous Membranes
- Additional Activities of Medication Aide
- Textbook $50 approx.
- Skill Pack $75 approx.
- Drug Screen $43
- Criminal Background Check $19
- Malpractice Insurance $15
- CPR Certification Card $10
- Student ID Badge $5
- Additional Fees – Optional
- Certification test fee $120 approx.
- Successful candidates of the program will receive a certificate of completion from Jefferson State and have the option to sit for the Medication Assistant Certification Exam (MACE).
- The Certification fee for MACE is $120.00 approx.
- Certification exam costs are not included in the course fee.
Registration can be completed via online, walk-in or postal mail.
Walk-in registration is accepted during our regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the following locations:
2601 Carson Road
George Wallace Hall, Office 202
Birmingham, AL 35215
4600 Valleydale Road
Health Science Building, Office 432
Birmingham, AL 35242
Course Fee $899
Courses are offered on an ongoing basis and we offer open enrollment.