- ENG 101 English Composition I 3
- SPH 106 or 107 Fundamentals of Oral Communications or Fundamentals of Public Speaking 3
- MTH 100 Intermediate College Algebra or higher 3
- BIO 201 Anatomy & Physiology I (Must be within 5 years for admission purposes) 4
- BIO 202 Anatomy & Physiology II (Must be within 5 years for admission purposes) 4
Total Prerequisites 17 hrs.
*Note – Humanities/Fine Arts and PSY 200 may be completed after acceptance into the RPT Program but it is most beneficial to complete these classes prior to starting the program. As indicated in the RPT Admission Ranking Formula Sheet, points may be awarded if courses are successfully completed prior to acceptance into the program. If courses are not completed prior to acceptance into the program, it is highly recommended that students complete them before the beginning of the summer semester.
- RPT 210 Clinical Practice I 2
- RPT 211 Introduction to Respiratory Care 2
- RPT 212 Fundamentals of Respiratory Care I (Lab 2:1) 4
- RPT 213 Anatomy & Physiology for the RCP 3
- RPT 214 Pharmacology for the RCP 2
- *Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM) 3
Total First Semester 16 hrs.
- RPT 220 Clinical Practice II 2
- RPT 221 Pathology for the RCP I 3
- RPT 222 Fundamentals of Respiratory Care II 4
- RPT 223 Acid Base Regulation and Arterial Blood Gas Analysis 2
- RPT 254 Patient Assessment Techniques 2
- *PSY 200 General Psychology 3
Total Second Semester 16 hrs.
- RPT 230 Clinical Practice III 2
- RPT 231 Pathology for the RCP II 3
- RPT 234 Mechanical Ventilation for the RCP 4
- RPT 242 Perinatal/Pediatric Respiratory Care 3
- RPT 244 Critical Care Considerations for RCP 2
Total Third Semester 14 hrs.
- RPT 232 Diagnostic Procedures for the RCP 2
- RPT 233 Special Procedure for the RCP 2
- RPT 240 Clinical Practice IV 4
- RPT 241 Pulmonary Rehabilitation & Home Care 2
- RPT 243 Computer Applications for the RCP 2
- RPT 266 Seminar in Respiratory Medicine I RPT 1
Total Fourth Semester 13 hrs.
- Credit hours required in major (Respiratory Therapy): 53
- Credit hours required in general education: 23
- Total credit hours required for completion of AAS Degree: 76