VA Forms

Veterans, reservists, and/or dependents of Veterans must contact the JSCC Veterans Affairs Coordinator to establish VA Educational Benefits.

The following forms must be submitted for the certification process to begin. It is the educational benefit recipients’ responsibility to submit all required documentation to the JSCC Veterans Affairs Office to complete the certification process.

  • Statement of Understanding – This form must be completed once each academic year.
  • Request for Certification of Educational Benefits – This form must be submitted once the student has registered EACH semester
  • 85/15 Confirmation of Compliance form – This form must be submitted by all new JSCC VA students.
  • VA form 22-1990 – This form is used for students applying for the following Federal Education Benefits; Chapter 33 (Post 9/11), Chapter 30, Chapter 32, Chapter 1606
  • VA form 22-1995 – This form is used for students that wish to change their major or are transferring to Jefferson State under the following Chapters: 33 (Post 9/11), 30, 32, 1606
  • VA for 22-5490 – This form is to be utilized for any Veteran dependents applying for benefits for the first time.
  • VA form 22-5495 – This form is used for any Veteran dependents’ that wish to change their major or are transferring to Jefferson State from another educational institution.
  • Alabama National Guard Education Assistance Program (ANGEAP) – An award to be used for tuition and educational fees for Alabama National Guard members to attend a postsecondary educational institution in Alabama. The award is based on financial need. This award is for students who are active members in good standing with a federally-recognized unit of the Alabama National Guard. Participants also may receive federal veterans benefits, but must show a cost less aid amount of at least $100. Forms must be signed by a representative of the Alabama Military Department and the financial aid officer at the college or university the student plans to attend. Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required.

VA documents can be submitted in the following ways:

  1. Email VA documents to [email protected].
  2. Submit documents in person at any campus location.
  3. Mail VA documents to: Office of Veterans Affairs, Jefferson State Community College, 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, Alabama 35215

Attention: Be sure to put your “Student A Number” at the top of each page you are submitting.

JeffersonState Community College