Computer Information Systems Technology Degree
Web Technologies Option
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 63 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 30 hours for advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 18 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required A.A.S C213
General Courses (24 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 106 or SPH 107 Speech
- MTH 100 Intermediate College Algebra
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI)
- Social and Behavior Science Elective (ASOC)
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- One elective from: ART 220*, ART 221*, BUS 241, BUS 275
- HED or PED Elective
Major Courses (12 hours)
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications
- CIS 150 Introduction to Computer Logic and Programming
- CIS 263 Computer Maintenance
- CIS 270 CISCO I
Web Technologies Option (27 hours)
- CIS 207 Introduction to Web Development
- CIS 208 Intermediate Web Development
- CIS 209 Advanced Web Development
- CIS 222 Database Management Systems
- CIS 250 E-Commerce
- CIS 255 Java Programming
- CIS 276 Server Administration
- CIS 278 Directory Services Administration
- CIS 287 SQL Server
*A student planning to take ART 220 or ART 221 should take ART 121 for the Humanities elective.
Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.