Medical Career Programs require a high school diploma or GED. Some programs also require malpractice insurance, criminal background check, drug screen, health screen, and other items.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Preparation program at Jefferson State prepares students to deliver the necessary component of direct patient contact and care.
Certified Nursing Assistants are an important part of the health care industry. Students in this program will develop the skill set needed to supplement staffing in the community we serve. In addition, students will receive the appropriate training to be prepared for successful completion of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP).
Successful candidates of the program will receive a certificate of completion from Jefferson State and have the option to sit for the NNAAP exam and become certified and listed on the Alabama Nurse Aide Registry. Certification exam costs are not included in the course fee.
Let the Certified Nursing Assistant Preparation program at Jefferson State be the first step in your health care industry career!
- Comprehensive course approved by State of Alabama Department of Public Health
- Program includes clinical rotations at a long-term care facility. Hours could include weekdays, nights or weekends.
- Course Fee – $899
- Textbook – $150 approx Textbook price subject to change.
- State Certification Exam Fee – $100 approx
- Malpractice Insurance – $15 approx
- First Aid CPR Card – $10 approx
Workforce Investment Act (WIA) scholarships may be available for qualified and eligible students. Please call for details.
Course Outline Includes the Following Topics:
- The Language of Health Care
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- The Long-Term Care Facility
- Observation, Documentation, and Reporting
- Infection Control Care of Residents’ Environment
- Patients’ Rights
- Restorative/Rehabilitative Care of Residents
- Psycho-social Aspects of Aging
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders
- Caring for the Dying Resident
- Seeking Employment
Clinical partners have different health and vaccination requirements. These are the responsibility of the student and the cost is not included in the registration fee. Failure to produce documentation of positive health and vaccination requirements will result in termination from the program without a refund. Some of the common requirements include, but are NOT limited to:
- Flu Vaccine – $20 approx
- TB Skin Test – $24 approx
- Hepatitis B Titter – $65 approx
All costs are estimates and subject to vary.