The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. A disclosure requirement is information that a post-secondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information submitted to the US Department of Education or other agencies.
Below is a summary of consumer information that must be disclosed to all students at Jefferson State Community College. Each topic listed has a web resource that redirects to a detailed listing and how it may be obtained. If you need assistance obtaining information listed below or you would like a paper copy, contact the office of the Dean of Enrollment Services or the representative contact listed under each section.
General Institutional Information
- Student Grievance and Complaint/Appeals Process
- Privacy of Student Records — Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Student Body Diversity — See Attached Documents (Fall Facts + IPEDS Report)
- Student Organizations and Activities
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
Cost of Attendance
- Cost of Attending the College
- Net Price Calculator
- Textbook Information
- College Navigator — To compare the cost of attending Jefferson State Community College to the cost of other similar colleges, you may access the National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator
- Transfer/General Studies Division
- Career/Professional Programs
- Distance Education
- Fast Track Certificate Programs
- Jefferson Campus
- Shelby-Hoover Campus
- St. Clair-Pell City Campus
- Chilton-Clanton Campus
- Distance Education
- Information on the College’s faculty is available from various College departments and in the College Catalog and Student Handbook. Click here for the employee directory.
Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
Computer Use and File Sharing
Student Right to Know Act – Student Outcomes – Fall 2013 Cohort/Job Placement Rates
Information About Student Financial Assistance
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial
Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Student Shopping Sheet
This is a tool used to notify students about their financial aid package. It is a standardized form that is designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so that they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.
- To access this form, log in to myJSCC > Access Online Services>Financial Aid>click on Federal Shopping Sheet
Student Loan Information
Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Student Financial Aid Information
- Financial Aid Department Policies and Procedures
- Federal & State Financial Aid Programs
- Rights and Responsibilities of Students Receiving Financial Aid
Career and Job Placement Services
Health and Safety/Campus Crime & Security Information
Jefferson State Community College does not have a policy regarding vaccinations; however, the College is concerned about the health and well-being of all members of the College community. In this regard, JSCC encourages all students and employees to remain current on vaccinations as suggested by appropriate health authorities. The College has also initiated measures to inform students and employees of tips for preventing the spread of flu and other airborne diseases. Health programs may require proof of vaccinations in order to attend clinical rotations.
Voter Registration Information
Voter registration forms are available daily through the Enrollment Services Office at any campus and in the ADA Accommodations Office. We also conduct voter registration drives during periods of state and national elections. For more information on voting, visit either of these sites:
- United States Election Assistance Commission
- Alabama Votes — The State of Alabama’s Official Election Center
Teacher Preparation Program
The Teacher Preparation Program Report is not applicable to Jefferson State Community College.