We are happy you have chosen Jefferson State! Follow the steps below to guide you through the application process.
JSCC will use your social security number to process your application. Once the application is processed you will be issued a student J number.
- Fill out the Online Application.
- Follow the instructions to create a Login ID and PIN.
- Choose the appropriate Application Type from the drop down box and select Continue.
- Choose the Admission Term, type your name using the correct upper and lower case format and select Fill Out Application.
- Submit the signature page to Enrollment Services. The signature page can be printed upon completion of the online application. It can be mailed, hand delivered or faxed to Enrollment Services at (205) 856-8091.
- All applicants must submit one primary form of identification for admission. Applicants should submit the identification in person. Applicants unable to present identification in person must submit a legible copy by mail or e-mail to the contact information below.
Jefferson State Community College
2601 Carson Road
Birmingham, AL 35215
Examples of primary forms of identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card — Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with expiration date
Males between 18-26 must submit verification of Selective Service Registration if applying for financial aid. Go to sss.gov to print selective service verification number. It can be mailed, hand delivered, or faxed to Enrollment Services at (205) 856-8091.