Students should apply the term prior to the term they plan to graduate so that the Graduation Office will have time to communicate with them about courses needed for graduation. Please apply by the recommended dates listed below for the term you plan or are planning to graduate.
- Fall 2023 Graduation – June 14
- Spring 2024 Graduation – October 14
- Summer 2024 Graduation – February 17
- The last day to post graduates will be the day before classes begin for the next term. Grades of Incompletes (I) must be changed to a passing grade before this date.
- Students who will be transferring courses back to Jefferson State to meet graduation requirements must have an official transcript (with grades) in Enrollment Services and evaluated no later than the day before classes start for the next term.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform the Graduation Office at [email protected] that a transcript will be forthcoming.
- If transfer work is not received and evaluated in a timely manner, graduation for the term could be affected.
- Earn at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree or certificate at Jefferson State.
- Pay all college fees.
- All past due financial obligations must be cleared prior to receiving your degree. Transcripts are held for those accounts not cleared prior to graduation.
- Degrees posted will appear on your official JSCC transcript and on your myJSCC online transcript.
You may apply online using one of the methods listed below (Video – How to Apply for Graduation).
- Graduation Application through your myJSCC – Apply through your myJSCC account. Sign in using your JSCC e-mail address and password. Within your Student Profile below Student Records, select Graduation Application.
- Online Graduation Application – Apply online. No sign-in is required.
Check Your Jefferson State Email
Last minute communication regarding the graduation ceremony will be conducted via the student’s Jefferson State email address. Graduates have the responsibility to ensure their e-mail box at their Jefferson State email address is clear to receive mail and that the mail is read and managed appropriately.
Graduates may contact the Graduation Office at [email protected] for additional information.
All students graduating or pending graduation from Jefferson State will have their names included in the annual printed Commencement Program. Students must submit written notification to the Graduation Office ([email protected]) if they do not wish their name to be included in the printed Commencement Program. The written notification must include your signature.