- 2.5 cumulative GPA on 4.0 scale
- Approval from high school
Admission application process for dual enrollment or accelerated high school students:
- Complete an Online Application
- Complete signature page with signatures from student, parent, and high school counselor
- Submit official high school transcript(s)
- Provide copy of unexpired identification document such as driver’s license
- Earn a C or better on all dual enrollment courses
- Students who do not earn a C or higher are suspended from dual enrollment for one term, not to include the summer term
- Students can reapply following the one term suspension
Dual Enrollment is available to qualified high school sophomores, juniors and seniors. Dual Enrollment students take college courses and receive both high school and college credit. This program is available to students who attend a public high school or a private high school that is accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools). This program is only available to school systems that have entered into a Dual Enrollment contract agreement with Jefferson State Community College. Students may apply online or submit a printed application. Dual enrollment students are required to complete the application process and submit admission requirements each semester.
The Accelerated High School Program is available to qualified high school junior and seniors who meet the admission criteria and have completed all required high school prerequisites. Accelerated high school students receive college credit but not high school credit. Students may only apply by submitting a printed application. Accelerated high school students are required to complete the application process and submit admission requirements each semester.