Click for Application
Established in 2009, The Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship honors the most outstanding student at Jefferson State Community College. The scholarship was created to honor the life and legacy of Tom and Judy Merritt. They exemplified a true servant heart through their belief in caring for and serving others. Their lifelong example of servant leadership is the rock upon which a good society is built. The Merritt’s truly believed that education is an individual’s pathway to achieving one’s goals and dreams. They made it their mission to ensure that the pathway is clear for all.
Students will be selected based on the criteria of scholarship, service, high moral character, and leadership ability and completed between 12-24 hours at Jefferson State. Students with this award should have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Scholarships are awarded on yearly basis.
- Shall not exceed one year.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA after two semesters of enrollment.
- Completed between 12-24 hours at Jefferson State Community College.
- Student must exemplify servant leadership, based on resume, essay, and 2 letters of recommendation.
A complete application packet must be submitted to the Jefferson State financial aid office no later than March 1, 2018.