The mission of the Jefferson State Community College JeffCoach Program is to assist identified students in building a strong foundation through mentorship and motivation for academic success.
JeffCoach Program students receive:
- General academic advising, academic planning, and strengths identification
- Assistance with developing time management, communication, and study skills
- Support to set and attain their educational and personal goals
- Face-to-face meetings with their JeffCoach three times per semester
- Increased confidence and motivation
100% of students surveyed said:
- They would recommend the JeffCoach Program to other students.
- The JeffCoach Program improved their understanding of college and enabled their success.
- Regular meetings with the JeffCoach were valuable in improving their college experience.
- The JeffCoach helped them identify, develop, and work towards their goals.
“You helped me succeed and do what I thought would be impossible for me. Every student needs to be pushed like I was. With your help, anything could be accomplished!” – JeffCoach Student
“I think the JeffCoach Program is a great program for students to come and get help. This program is needed at Jeff State. It is a good program to be in.” – JeffCoach Student
Student Success Seminars
The Student Success Seminars are short workshops designed to equip students with skills that are vital to their success in college. Topics include:
- Time Management
- Study Skills
- Note-taking and Active Reading Skills
- Preparing for and Taking Tests
- Communication Skills
- Final Exams Prep
- Overcoming Test Anxiety
To learn more, please email one of our JeffCoaches:
St. Clair Campus