The 5th Annual Judy M. Merritt Memorial 5K and Family Day Eggstravaganza is April 20, 2019 at Veteran’s Park! All Jeff State family AND the Birmingham community are invited to GET HOPPIN’ and join us for this FREE FABULOUS EVENT! There will be something for EveryBunny!
Runners will enjoy a low cost but highly rewarding 5K with awesome swag bags and medals for winners! After the race, join the Eggstravaganza Fun with lots of activities and the 3,000 + egg hunt for ALL ages with cash and prizes galore! Free Popcorn, Cotton Candy and Pepsi products will be available and Steel City Pops and City Bowls will be on hand with lots of tasty treats!
- FREE Family Fun Day – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Refreshments and Fun for the Entire Family
- Pictures with the Easter Bunny
- Face Painting
- Glitter Tattoos
- Bounce Houses
- Inflatable Slide
- FREE Egg Hunts – 10:00 a.m. – Age Specific Easter Egg Hunts
- 3,000 Candy Filled Easter Eggs
- Awesome Prizes inside some Eggs
- 5K Run – 9:00 a.m. – $20 (Student Discount Including College and 18 & Under – $15) * Registration link below.
- Award Categories
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place, Top Male, & Female, Overall Awards
- Medals will be awarded to the top male and female runners in the following categories: 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Award Categories
The annual Judy M. Merritt Memorial 5K is held in honor of Jefferson State Community College’s former president Dr. Judy M. Merritt. Serving as President for 35 years, she was the first female president of an Alabama college; her leadership and vision were unparalleled. Judy, as she preferred to be called, embodied the spirit of Jefferson State and our mission to serve all in our community. “While the dream for many has been achieved, the fight for pathways to education, equality, and inclusion continues.” Judy M. Merritt
*Proceeds from the 5k are used to support student scholarships at Jefferson State.
Sponsors – JSCC 5K Sponsor Form
This event is endorsed by the Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports.
Friday, April 19th (8 a.m.-12p.m.) at the Shelby-Hoover Campus Merritt HSB lobby. Race day packet pickup begins 8:00 a.m. at Veteran’s Park.
Participants can register online or print and deliver a form.
- If you choose to print, complete the form and deliver with payment (if by check, make out to “JSCC Foundation”) to either:
- Jefferson Campus – Terri Sullivan, Fitzgerald Student Center, Community Outreach Office 308
- Shelby Campus – Libby Holmes, Merritt Health Science Building 127 (Culinary Office).