Clinical Medical Assistant Prep $1,695
This class will prepare you to take the Alabama Certification Exam.
Clinical Medical Assistants may be called upon to perform direct medical duties under the supervision of a physician such as:
- collect and prepare laboratory specimens or perform basic laboratory tests on the premises,
- dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
- They instruct patients about medications and special diets, prepare and administer medications, as directed by a physician,
- authorize drug refills as directed,
- telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy,
- draw blood,
- prepare patients for x-rays,
- take electrocardiograms,
- remove sutures,
- and change dressings
- perform many administrative duties, including answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients’ medical records, filing out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services and handling billing and bookkeeping.
M/TU/TH, Jun 22 — Dec 18,
5:30 pm — 9:30 pm
SHELBY — HOOVER
TU/TH, Aug 4 — Mar 3, 5:30 pm — 9:30 pm
CHILTON — CLANTON
TU/TH, Aug 18 — Apr
12, 5:30 pm — 9:30 pm
Click here to enroll.