Spring 2020 Registration Information
Conversion to New “OneACCS” Registration System
JSCC will be among the first colleges in the Alabama Community College System to convert to the OneACCS Self Service Banner System. Part of a statewide initiative to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of student services, the OneACCS registration system will allow students to access their student information (such as Financial Aid status) and register for courses in a streamlined format.
New Student ID Numbers
As part of this conversion, all JSCC students will be assigned a new student identification number. The number will be emailed directly to each student at the email address on file with JSCC. The new ID numbers begin with the letter “A” and are often referred to as the student “A number.” (For continuing JSCC students, this number will replace the former “J number.”) Students should be sure to keep their new ID number accessible for fall registration.
- Monday, October 28th – Priority registration opens for continuing JSCC students
- Monday, November 4th – Registration opens for new JSCC students
Schedule of Fall Classes:
- Spring 2020 courses will begin on Friday, January 3rd.
Registering for Courses:
To register for courses in the new OneACCS registration system, click OneACCS and follow the instructions below.
- Enter your User ID (student ID number) and PIN (six-digit birthdate) to login.
- Select the Student tab at the top of the page.
- Select Registration from the menu.
- Select Look Up Classes.
- Select the correct term (i.e. Spring 2020) and click Submit.
- Select Advanced Search (the most convenient way to search courses by campus).
- Advanced Search allows you to choose your preferred search criteria.
- A suggested option is to select a subject, course number (if known), and desired JSCC campus. Then click on Section Search.
- A list of courses that meet the search criteria will be displayed.
- Note that a course with a C to the left indicates the course is closed (maximum enrollment met).
- Courses with checkboxes to the left have available space.
- To register for a course, check the box and click Register.
- Select New Search to look up another course. Repeat as needed.
- To drop a course, click on Add or Drop Classes. Click on the down arrow beside the course and select Web Drop. Be sure to also click on Submit Changes.
Viewing Your Student Schedule (the courses for which you are registered):
- Select the Student tab, click on Registration, and then click on Student Detail Schedule or Concise Student Schedule.
- Double check to be sure you are registered for the correct campus, days, times, and type of class.
Paying Tuition and Fees Online
- Remember, registration is not complete until tuition and fees have been paid. Students with unpaid tuition and fees are subject to being dropped from their courses at any time.
- Select the Student tab, click on Student Account, click on Account Summary, and then click on Credit Card Payment (and follow instructions).
- Click Payment Options for additional information.
Please note that, during the conversion to OneACSS, DegreeWorks will be under construction and thus temporarily unavailable to students. Access will be restored as soon as possible to assist students with their degree planning. For more additional details click DegreeWorks or visit with your academic advisor.
For more information about fall registration, students should connect with their academic advisor or call JSCC Enrollment Services at (205) 856-7704 or (205) 856-7705.
For information about other related topics, please visit the below links: