IT team. This program will prepare you to be a valuable asset to any organization!
- Career Programs require a high school diploma or GED.
- Students will NOT RECEIVE a Certificate of Completion without a copy of their high school diploma/GED/College Transcript on file in the Center for Workforce Education.
Set yourself apart from the rest when you train as a Computer Technician! This program combines traditional classroom instruction and self-paced online computer instruction to lay a solid foundation for students to sit for and pass the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) certification.
The comprehensive curriculum is approved by ComptTIA and is specifically designed to:
- Prepare students to work with hardware, software, networks, and security issues
- Gain knowledge and skills needed to earn CompTIA A+ certification
Upon successful completion of the course students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from Jefferson State Community College. In addition, students will have the option of sitting for the CompTIA A+ certification.
Computer Technician Certification Preparation Program Overview:
- This instructor led course is designed to train students to become complete computer technicians. Topics will range from identifying components of a computer to installing operating systems.
- This course will follow the objectives of the new 901 and 902 CompTia A+ exams.
- No previous computer experience is required.
- Classes will meet twice a week for a total of 17 weeks.
Sample Modules Include:
- Computer Fundamentals
- Networking Operational Procedures
- Mobile Devices
** 17-week instructor-led course
- Registration – $1199