Whether you need assistance in improving your reading ability, preparing for the GED, or making sure you are prepared for college or the workforce, Jefferson State’s Adult Education program has something for you.
- FREE instructional assistance to help you prepare to take the GED.
- Customized, individualized and targeted instruction to maximize your learning experience.
- Instructional materials are provided at no cost to you.
- Tuition assistance is provided for the GED Ready practice test and the GED test when you meet specific requirements.
- One FREE college course can be earned by passing the GED test.
- Flexible class schedules and various locations allow you to choose a class that works for you. See our class schedule to help find the class you need. Classes are provided throughout Jefferson, Shelby, and St. Clair counties.
Additional benefits of attending Adult Education classes:
- We help prepare you for the WorkKeys® test which leads to the National Career Readiness Certificate. This is an assessment-based credential that documents essential work skills. Instructional preparation and the WorkKeys® exam are free for Adult Education students.
- Do you want to attend college? Our staff will guide you through the college process including how to apply, how to get financial aid, and much more.
- Unsure of what job is right for you? We will guide you through the process by helping you determine your skills, abilities and interests. We can also put you in touch with our partners at the Career Center for more help.