Deadlines & Application Process
Students should apply the term prior to the term they plan to graduate so that the Graduation Office will have time to communicate with them about courses needed for graduation.
- Spring 2016 Graduation — October 15
- Summer 2016 Graduation — February 15
- Fall 2016 Graduation — June 15
- The last day to post graduates will be the day before classes begin for the next term. Grades of Incompletes (I) must be changed to a passing grade before this date. No degrees will be posted after the day before classes begin for the next term.
- Students who will be transferring courses back to Jefferson State to meet graduation requirements must have an official transcript (with grades) in Enrollment Services and evaluated no later than the day before classes start for the next term.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform the Graduation Office at (205) 856-7793 or (205) 856-7757 that a transcript will be forthcoming.
- If transfer work is not received and evaluated in a timely manner, graduation for the term could be affected.
- Pay All College Fees.
- All past due financial obligations must be cleared prior to receiving your degree. Transcripts are held for those accounts not cleared prior to graduation.
- Degrees posted will appear on your Pipeline online transcript.
Complete one graduation application for each degree/certificate you are seeking. You may apply online or complete the hard copy graduation application. If you complete the hard copy graduation application do not apply online also.
- Online Graduation Application – Apply through your My JSCC account. Click Student Records/Apply to Graduate.
- Complete and print the hard copy graduation application and bring it to one of the following locations.
- Jefferson Campus – Enrollment Services Office in Allen Library 100
- Shelby-Hoover Campus – Enrollment Services Office, General Studies Building 100
- St. Clair-Pell City Campus – Enrollment Services Office
- Chilton-Clanton Campus – Enrollment Services Office
- Fax application to (205) 856-8097 or mail to Enrollment Services, Jefferson State Community College, 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, AL 35215.
Check Your Jefferson State Email
Last minute communication regarding graduation will be conducted via the student’s Jefferson State email address. Graduates have the responsibility to insure their mail boxes at their Jefferson State email address is clear to receive mail and that the mail is read and managed appropriately.
Graduates may contact the Graduation Office at email@example.com for additional information.
All students graduating or pending graduation from Jefferson State will be included in the annual printed Commencement Program. Students must submit written notification to the Graduation Office if they do not wish to be included in the printed Commencement Program. The written notification must include your signature. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.