Designed especially for workers over 40 years of age seeking new opportunities, our free Administrative Medical Assistant program will help you leverage your career experience and develop the technical knowledge needed to begin your new career. At the end of the 5-week program, ReGeneration and AARP Foundation will support graduates applying to and interviewing with employer partners across Birmingham. Earn the certification needed for administrative jobs at hospitals, doctor’s offices, and insurance companies.
FREE TRAINING | NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- May 8 – June 17, 2019 | Monday-Thursday | 1:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Jefferson State Community College | Jefferson Campus | Bethune-Deramus Hall | Rm 121
- Be at least 40 years of age
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Have been terminated or laid off in the past 12 months
- Complete a background check and drug screening
Free training and no experience necessary.
- Learn skills to help schedule patients, verify insurance, maintain patient records, and privacy.
- Tackle any problem, communicate effectively, work in a team, and manage your time.
- Get help from career coaches for better resumes and interview preparation
FIND OUT MORE AT USA.GENERATION.ORG/BIRMINGHAM/AMA | 1-855-850-2525 | AMABIRMINGHAM@GENERATION.ORG