Freshman Application Process
To complete your online application, please click the “First time user account creation” link as shown in the image below.
The Login ID and PIN are for application purposes only and cannot be used to access myJSCC. Separate login credentials will be provided later.
To complete the application process, students must apply and submit the following documents:
- Primary identification requirements
- Official high school or GED transcript
- Males between the age of 18-26 must also provide verification of selective service registration if applying for financial aid.
Applicants who attended high school, college or received a GED outside the state of Alabama may be assessed out-of-state tuition. For additional information, please review the Certification of Eligibility for In-State Residency Form.
All high school and GED transcripts must be official and sent directly from the sending institution to Jefferson State. Faxed copies and e-mail attachments are not official. Students will not be allowed to enroll for a second semester unless all required transcripts have been received by Jefferson State prior to registration for the second semester.
Jefferson State requires a comprehensive assessment of students in math and English prior to enrollment in classes. Course placement is determined by the results of this assessment. See The Testing Office for more information.
- Apply for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please review the Financial Aid Application Procedures for additional information.
- For Additional Information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jefferson State Financial Aid Office