Transfer Student Application Process
Transfer students have attended another regionally-accredited college are considered transfer students.
How to Apply
To complete the application process, students must apply and submit the following documents:
- Primary identification requirements
- Official high school or GED transcript*
- Official college transcript(s)*
- Males between the age of 18-26 must also provide verification of selective service registration if applying for financial aid.
Applicants who attended high school, college or received a GED outside the state of Alabama may be assessed out-of-state tuition. For additional information, please review the Certification of Eligibility for In-State Residency Form.
All returning students must submit transcripts from all institutions attended since enrollment at Jefferson State. Official transcripts must be sent directly from previous institution(s) to Jefferson State. Faxed and hand-delivered copies are not official. Students will not be allowed to enroll for a second semester unless all required transcripts have been received by Jefferson State prior to registration for the second semester. Note: College transcripts expire one year after submission if student does not enroll and attend class at Jefferson State.
- Students applying for financial aid must submit transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Students who have completed a bachelor degree are required to submit only the transcript from the institution granting the degree (unless receiving financial aid).*
- Students who wish to have credit transferred from a transfer institution must submit the official transcript from each transfer institution for evaluation.
- Students applying to programs with a separate admission process should contact a Program Advisor for transcript requirements.
Jefferson State requires a comprehensive assessment of students in math and English prior to enrollment in classes. Course placement is determined by the results of this assessment. See The Testing Office for more information.
- Apply for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please review the Financial Aid Application Procedures for additional information.
- For Additional Information, contact email@example.com.
- Jefferson State Financial Aid Office
To complete your online application, please click the “First time user account creation” link as shown in the image below.
The Login ID and PIN are for application purposes only and cannot be used to access myJSCC. Separate login credentials will be provided later.