Residency status is determined upon admission to Jefferson State. The in-state tuition rate will be extended to students who have graduated from an Alabama high school or obtained a GED in the State of Alabama within three years of the date of their application for admission.
Students who do not meet this criterion may qualify for in-state tuition. Determination of eligibility for in-state tuition shall be made by Jefferson State after evaluating the presence or absence of connections with the State of Alabama.
- Certification of Eligibility for In-State Residency Application
- Alabama Identification – driver license, permit or state ID
- 3 Supporting Documents
- Alabama auto title registration
- Alabama auto tag receipt
- Insurance policy with an Alabama address (Only 1 item from this category)
- Alabama hunting/fishing license
- Alabama pistol permit
- Payment of Alabama state taxes as a resident or dependent
- Proof of ownership of residence or other real property in state and payment of ad valorem taxes on the residency or property
- Payment of state taxes on personal property and possession of state license plate (e.g., automobile, boat, etc.)
- Full-time Employment of applicant, spouse or parent in Alabama (letter from employer on company letterhead stating full-time employment and hire date)