Non-U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Permanent Residents

Application for Admission

Click here for the online application instructions. You must complete the Non-U.S. Citizen section of the Online Application and indicate your visa type. Upon completion of the online application, a signature page is generated that must be submitted for admission to Jefferson State.

Photo I.D.

Present original documents in person at Jefferson State for photocopy. Examples include: unexpired I-94 card and visa page, (and unexpired driver’s license, if applicable). Or email the ID documents to [email protected]

Secondary School or College/University Evaluation

ONE of the following is required:

  • If you attended High School in the United States – official transcript from accredited U.S. high school with graduation
    The transcript must come sealed directly to the Jefferson State Community College OR…
  • If you attended High School outside the U.S.— an Official General Evaluation Report from an accredited credential evaluator is This confirms your high school work is equivalent to a U.S. High School Diploma. You would submit your high school documents to an evaluation company for a “General” Report evaluation. We recommend Educational Perspectives ( as we receive their evaluations electronically, but will accept evaluations from other NACES accredited evaluators (, or Lisano International or AACRAO Evaluation Services. PLEASE NOTE: Students with both high school and college work must be evaluated through Education Perspective ( (see below).

ONE of the following is required:

High School and College/University Work

  • If you attended college or university overseas, Jeff State still requires a high school evaluation report. You must use Educational Perspectives ( for this evaluation. For international college and/or university coursework to be considered for transfer credit, an official “Catalog Match” report is required from Ed Perspectiv. Only Ed Perspective “Catalog Match” evaluation reports are accepted for college transfer credit (this includes A level, Bac, and Arbitur).
  • Official Transcript(s) from U.S. Colleges and Universities: An official transcript must be sent from each college/university you attended in the U.S. Official transcripts should be sent directly from issuing institutions.