The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 62 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 32 hours for advanced certificate
- A minimum of 20 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 ([email protected]) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required A.A.S C229
General Courses (24 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 107 Fundamentals of Public Speaking or
- SPH 106 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- MTH Elective: * (A116) MTH 100 or MTH 116 or higher level math course
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI): (astronomy, biology, chemistry, physical science, physics)
- ECO 231 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 232 Principles of Microeconomics
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective: (AHUM) (art, humanities, religion, theatre, music philosophy, intermediate foreign language, literature)
- PED/HED Elective
*Banking Option students must take MTH 100, not MTH 116.
Major Courses: (18 hours)
- ACT 145 Basic Accounting Procedures or
- BUS 241** Principles of Accounting I
- BUS 146 Personal Finance
- BUS 263 Legal and Social Environment of Business
- BUS 285 Principles of Marketing
- MST 111 Elements of Supervision
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications
**Banking Option students must take BUS 241, not ACT 145.
Courses specific to each option.
Banking and Finance Courses (20 hours)
- BFN 100 Principles of Banking
- BFN 101 Law and Banking: Principles
- BFN 102 Law and Banking: Applications
- BFN 280 Real Estate Finance
- BFN 205 Money and Banking
- BUS 215 Business Communication
- BUS 242 Principles of Accounting II
- CIS 113 Spreadsheet Software Applications
Degree plan subject to change. Please see current schedule and catalog online.
Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.