Effective coaching aims to maximize the performance of everyone associated with the organization. By applying coaching skills in the workplace, employees can motivate, guide, and support one another in working toward – and achieving – top performance. This unit helps participants recognize daily opportunities to coach people they work with and provides
participants with the coaching skills they need to bring out the best in everyone.
- Describe the role of a coach
- Explain why everyone in the organization can be a coach
- Describe how coaching can benefit themselves, others, and the larger organization
- Identify behaviors that help foster a supportive coaching environment
- Demonstrate a variety of asking and listening techniques to coach others formally and informally