Long Certificate Program
Culinary/ Nutrition Science Management Long Certificate (CER C252)
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the advanced certificate. To be awarded the advanced certificate, the student should contact the Enrollment Services Graduation Office.
*A minimum of 41 hours and a minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for a certificate from Jefferson State.
*A minimum of 11 hours in this program must be completed at JSCC to satisfy the residency requirement.
*Grade of C or better required in all major and option courses.
Culinary/ Nutrition Science Management Courses
- HMM 105s Principles of Management 3
- CUA 111 Foundations in Nutrition 3
- CUA 112S Sanitation and Safety 2
- CUA 213 Purchasing and Food Cost Control 3
- CUA 110 Basic Food Preparation 3
- CUA 120 Basic Food Preparation Lab 2
- CUA 163 Foundations of Healthy Cooking Techniques 2
- CUA 201 Meat Preparation and Processing 3
- CUA 204 Foundation of Baking 3
- CUA 261 Culinary Apprenticeship Practicum 1
- Total Credit Hours 15
General Education Courses
- ENG 101, English Composition I 3
- MTH Elective (A116) MTH 100 or MTH 116 or higher-level math course 3
- CIS 130 Introduction to Information Systems or Microcomputer Applications 3
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective: (AHUM) (art, humanities, religion, theatre, music, philosophy, foreign language, literature 3
- HED 222 Community Health or 221 Personal Health 3
- Total Hours 25
Total Long Certificate Hours: 40
* Sp=Spring F=Fall Su=Summer