Computer Information Systems Technology Degree
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 63 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 33 hours for advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 21 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 ([email protected]) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required A.A.S C255
General Courses (24 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 106 or SPH 107 Speech
- MTH 100 Intermediate College Algebra
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI)
- Social and Behavior Science Elective (ASOC)
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- One elective from: ART 220*, ART 221*, BUS 241, BUS 275
- HED or PED Elective
Major Courses (12 hours)
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications
- CIS 150 Introduction to Computer Logic and Programming
- CIS 263 Computer Maintenance
- CIS 270 Cisco CCNA I
Networking Option (27 hours)
- CIS 202 Python Programming
- CIS 211s Principles of Information Assurance
- CIS 214 Security Analysis (Pen Testing)
- CIS 222 Database Management Systems
- CIS 244 Introduction to Cybersecurity
- CIS 245 Cyber Defense
- CIS 246 Ethical Hacking
- CIS 260 Network Security and Risk Management
- CIS 282 Computer Forensics
*A student planning to take ART 220 or ART 221 should take ART 121 for the Humanities elective.
Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.