While most leaders understand the need to delegate, they are often hesitant to invest the time and effort up front. In this course, participants learn to overcome their hesitation for delegation by learning skills for successfully matching people, responsibility, and authority.
- Understand the role of delegation in time management, resource utilization, job satisfaction and overall team productivity.
- Use a delegation process that ensures team member participation, involvement, and success so that what needs to be done gets done properly and on time.
- Establish a team member’s responsibility and authority for a delegated task creating a fram ework for accountability and personal growth.
- Explain need for delegation
- Use delegation of task to motivate
- Explain task and ask team member ’s view
- Specify responsibility and authority
- Confirm team member’s understanding and set up time for review