STRIVE’s flagship program, Career Path, is proven to help students access good jobs in growing industries and is designed for individuals 18 years of age and older who are ready to work and determined to succeed. Our Healthcare & Office Operations training prepares students for careers such as Medical Receptionist, Surgery Scheduler, Unit Secretary, and more.
Career Path is a 10-week program that begins with STRIVE’s signature three-week job readiness workshop, STRIVE START. Delivered through a work-simulated environment, this program provides the training people need to not only land a job but build a career. START focuses on mindset, accountability, personal responsibility, workplace ethics, professional etiquette, and interpersonal skills.
START is followed by seven weeks of practical hard skills training . Students earn industry-recognized certifications, receive employment-placement assistance, and interview coaching to support them with with the interviewing process. STRIVE works with employer partners across Birmingham to ensure graduates begin a career equipped with applicable job experience.
FREE TRAINING | NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- June 5 – August 11, 2023| Monday-Thursday | 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Location: POLARIS Birmingham| 5521 1st Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35212
- July 17 – September 22, 2023| Monday-Thursday | 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Location: TBA
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Authorized to work in the United States
- No open legal cases
- Available for training 9am to 4pm
Free training and no experience necessary.
- Obtain “earn as you learn” incentives
- Gain the technical skills to schedule patients, verify insurance, maintain patient records, and uphold privacy standards.
- Develop effective skills in communication, team collaboration, time management, and conflict resolution
- Receive assistance from career coaches and employment specialists to improve resume writing and interview preparation skills
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Unit Secretaries
- Medical Receptionists
- Veterinary Receptionists
- Front Desk Receptionists
- Front Desk Agents
- Hospital Unit Secretaries
- Surgery Schedulers
- Unit Clerks
- Medical Unit Secretaries
- Guest Services Receptionists