While hosting the Alabama Regional Convention of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society on March 1-2, Jefferson State’s Beta Lambda Delta Chapter (Shelby-Hoover Campus) earned Alabama’s “Most Distinguished Chapter” for the third consecutive year.
Below are the honors received during the Alabama Regional Convention by the Beta Lambda Delta Chapter:
- Outstanding Officer Team
- Continued Excellence Advisor Award – Libby Holmes
- Distinguished Advisor Team Award – Liesl Harris and Libby Holmes
- Distinguished College Project Award
- Distinguished Honors in Action Theme Award
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project Award
- Continued Excellence Award
- Alabama’s Most Distinguished Chapter Award
Among the chapter’s 2018-2019 projects was a Birmingham Youth Peace Summit. The event was developed by students and provided a wealth of opportunities to learn about using non-violence to change the world. In addition to numerous break-out sessions, Civil Rights leader Ann Niles, Pulitzer Prize award winner John Archibald, and Racial Justice Fellow Gabrielle Daniels spoke during the event.
The Beta Lambda Delta Chapter was established 17 years ago and has been named “Most Distinguished Chapter” in the state of Alabama ten separate times! The chapter has also earned “Most Distinguished International Chapter” out of more than 1300 chapters in 2008 and 2009. The chapter has finished in the top ten internationally eight times.