Office Administration Technology Degree
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 60 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 33 hours for advanced certificate
To be awarded the certificate and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 (email@example.com) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required A.A.S C142
General Courses (24 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- English 102, SPH 106 or SPH 107 Speech
- MTH 100 or Math 116 or higher-level math course
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI)
- Social and Behavior Science Elective (ASOC)
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications
- HED or PED Elective
Major Courses (27 hours)
- OAD 103 Intermediate Keyboarding
- OAD 110 Computer Navigation
- OAD 138 Records and Information Management
- ACT 145 Basic Accounting or BUS 241 Accounting
- OAD 125 Word Processing
- OAD 217 Office Management
- OAD 246 Office Graphics and Presentations (PowerPoint)
- OAD 232 The Computerized Office (Excel/Access)
- OAD 242 Office Internship
Legal Support Specialist Track (9 hours)
- OAD 201 Legal Terminology
- OAD 212 Legal Transcription
- OAD 127 Business Law (Introduction to Law)
Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.