Benefits of the Program:
- Serves 3 or more teachers in one center.
- Teachers will receive guidance in applying to Jefferson State Community College’s CHD program and/or receive help with applying for the TEACH or Leadership Scholarship to cover courses and reimbursement of CDA Exam Fees. (IF THIS APPLIES)
- Teachers will receive guidance and mentorship to complete the following JSCC CHD courses together:
- CHD 100 Intro to Early Care Children
- CHD 204 Methods and Materials for Teaching OR
- CHD 209 Infant and Toddler Programs
- CHD 206 Children’s Health and Safety (CDA Book must be ordered by completion of this course.)
- Teacher will receive guidance and mentorship to complete the CDA Teacher portfolio together.
- Teachers will receive guidance to create an account and then schedule a CDA PD Specialist individually.
- Teachers will then schedule to take their CDA Exam.
- Credential is valid for 3 years.
- Program must be complete in 12
- Teachers will be invited to participate in an annual ceremony.
Dr. Cindy Shackelford, Ph.D., Ed.D.
Child Development Chair/Program Coordinator
Directors may apply for their center @ www.jeffersonstate.edu/chd