The purpose of Alpha Beta Chi–JSCC Child Development Student Club is:
- to enhance early childhood professional development;
- to provide greater opportunities to advocate on behalf of young children;
- to participate in community service learning opportunities;
- to grow child development leaders, and
- to develop, strengthen, and renew peer friendships.
Membership is opened to any CURRENT JSCC Child Development student and graduate alumni.
Club involvement is KEY!
Involvement means a commitment by you, as an ABX club member!
ABX Club members are asked to commit to attend club meetings and participate in at least two service activities each semester. (four service activities annually)
Club members are asked to provide documentation of participation in at least two service activities each semester on behalf of your Alpha Beta Chi Club as an ABX Club member. Once you have participated in the service activity complete a simple service activity documentation form located at the ABX website and scan and e-mail (or print and mail a hard copy of the form to mail) along with photo(s) and documentation. * A fun photo of your participation is preferred.
Alpha Beta Chi Student Club
Dr. Cindy Shackelford
Program Coordinator of Child Development
- Upon completion of a minimum of four service activities, throughout the 2015–2016 school year students will receive a certificate of student club participation.
- Consider teaming with one or two other ABX club members for any of your chosen service activities.
NOTE: All identified service activities are to be for the benefit of young children, families, the community-at-large, as well as, the early childhood community.
Remember…A copy of your service activity documentation can be added to your personal professional portfolio, too!
Look for meeting announcements, the service activity form and additional club information at: