Students interested in meeting the educational component ONLY of the nationally recognized CDA credential and receive college course credit may take the following three sequential child development courses. These courses satisfy the functional areas of study identified by the Council.
- CHD100 Introduction to Early Care and Education of Children 3
- CHD 204 Materials and Methods for Teaching Children 3
- or *CHD 209 Infant and Toddler Programs (Infant-Toddler credential ONLY)
- CHD 206 Children’s Health and Safety * 3
- Additional CDA credential requirements are the responsibility of the student.
- Credential and credentialing fees are administered by the Council for Professional Recognition only.
- The CDA credential and/or the JSCC Child Development certificate are the current minimum requirements for Assistant Teachers in the expanding Alabama PreK.
FYI – There is a $425.00 application fee payable to the Council for Professional Recognition upon completion of the educational component and other required assignments found in the Candidate’s Booklet (around $25) you order from the council.
For more CDA information and materials contact: The Council for Professional Recognition Telephone – 800-424-4310 or Visit the Council website at: http://www.cdacouncil.org