George Layton Building 253
Jefferson State’s Criminal Justice Department has a most impressive adjunct faculty comprised of professionals from various areas within the field. By sharing their knowledge and expertise, these dedicated professionals personify the philosophy of the community college.
- Mark Delk, State of Alabama Pharmaceutical Investigator, retired Lt. of the Pelham Police Department
- Doug Scofield, Attorney at Law
- Sheila Stephens, CEO Safer Security, Inc., former ATF Agent
- Sgt. Cory Crowe, Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- Leigh Shepherd, Supervising US Probation Officer, Northern District of Alabama
- Guest speakers from local, state and federal law enforcement and corrections also routinely visit our classes to provide occupational lectures and job information.
* Students may visit jails, prisons and courts during the year on an optional basis