To provide the kind of exceptional service that creates real customer loyalty. Organizations need people who posses not only robust interpersonal skills, but a positive, can-do attitude, an understanding of the larger organizational context they work in, and a commitment to making excellence their everyday service standard.
In this module, participants explore the challenges of delivering stellar service and the way it adds value to every type of customer interaction: one-time or long-term, routine or unique, face-to-face or on the telephone, business-to-business or business-to-consumer, and technical or non-technical. Participants plan how to meet the five criteria by which customers judge service: respect and caring, timeliness, reliability, accuracy, and flexibility. Participants plan what they can do to improve their performance in these areas. In so doing, they gain an appreciation of their own strategic importance and an understanding of where to focus their efforts to become more effective service providers.
- Describe the challenges of delivering stellar service.
- Describe the importance of their role in building customer loyalty.
- List key moments of truth in customer interactions.
- Describe how customers define stellar service.
- Plan for their own success in delivering the five service qualities customers expect.
- List actions.