The Leadership in Child Care Scholarship program provides financial assistance (tuition and selected fees) to qualified child care professionals working in the child care centers/programs and family and group homes to obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Short-Term Certificate, Certificate, or Associate in Applied Science /Technology Degree in Child Development/Early Care and Education studies.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- Center Directors and Owners
- Exempt Church Center Directors
- Family Child Care Providers (1 to 6 children)
- Group Child Care Providers (7 to 12 children)
- Group Child Care Provider Assistants
- Teachers/Assistant Teachers
- Instructional Assistants
What are the requirements?
- Resident of Alabama
- Employed in licensed or exempt from licensure child care facility/setting in Alabama
- Caring for pre-school children (birth to school age)
- Caring for school-age children (5 through 12 years) in a school-age child care program
- Minimum of 19 years of age
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Seeking first Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- Seeking a certificate or degree in Child Development/Early Care and Education at a designated institution
- May have obtained a two-year or four-year degree in a field other than Child Development/Early Care and Education (eligible for CDA scholarship only)
Where can you apply?
- To request an application by mail, call (334) 293-4552
- Download the Leadership in Child Care Application
All of these documents can be found on the ACCA Site
- Alabama Pathways to Quality Care and Education
- Leadership in Child Care Eligibility Requirements
- Leadership in Child Care Application
- Leadership in Child Care Application Packet
- Child Development/Early Care & Education Programs
Leadership in Child Care Scholarship Program Assistant