Sigma Chi Eta and the Speech and Debate Team Present a ComClub Event: Informative Speak-Off!
The top 3 presentations will be awarded gift certificates of $75, $50, & $25 to the Pioneer bookstore.
Congratulations to the winners of the Informative Speak-off hosted by Sigma Chi Eta and the Speech & Debate Team on November 12th!
1st Place: Roderick Parker
2nd Place: Joseph Blake Bice
3rd Place: William Miller
Honorable Mention: Marisa Martin
- Contest is open to students currently taking SPH106 and SPH107 on all campuses.
- Enter the Informative Speech you wrote for your speech class.
- Contest will be held November 12 at 4 p.m. on the Shelby Campus in Shelby-Hoover HSB 156.
- Time limit is 5-7 minutes.
- Brief notes are allowed but the speech must be given extemporaneously.
- A typed, formal outline is due at time of entry.
- Entry deadline is November 4, 2019.
- Submit your entry form and outline to Ms. Connie Caskey either via email ([email protected]) or drop them by Shelby -Hoover Campus GSB 216B.
The Top 10 entries will be selected for the competition on 11/12.
- Judges for the contest will include faculty as well as members of Sigma Chi Eta and the Speech and Debate Team.
- Speeches will be judged in the areas of organization, content/research and delivery.