*Attention: ACT Change* – As of spring 2022, for students applying for nursing admission the ACT test must be taken within five years of the application deadline.
Jefferson State Community College (JSCC) and the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) are excited to offer students the option to obtain BOTH an associate degree in nursing (ADN) from JSCC AND a baccalaureate degree (BSN) from the UAB at the SAME time!!!! Simultaneously completing the requirements for both the ADN and BSN programs will allow students to complete their programs of study in a much shorter time period while taking advantage of the lower community college credit hour costs!
For additional information please contact:
Dr. Melisa Walker
- Nursing Program Home Page
- Nursing Current Student Resources
- UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program Brochure
- UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Application Checklist
- UAB JSCC Nursing Ranking Scores
- UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program Curriculum
- UAB/JSCC Joint Admission – Frequently Asked Questions
- Pre-Nursing Advisor
- ACT Testing
- Are You Ready for Nursing School?
Before considering applying for admission to a nursing program, there are some essential functions that are necessary for the provision of safe and effective nursing care. Click the link to download the Physical Requirements & Essential Functions Outline.
UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program Application Deadline
- Fall Semester: May 21
- Spring Semester: October 13
- Jefferson Campus admits students only in the Fall and Spring semester for UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment
UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program Admission Process
- Complete an Application for Admission to Jefferson State.
- Request official transcripts from all high schools, colleges/universities you have attended to be sent to Enrollment Services for evaluation.
- Contact a Pre-Nursing Advisorto determine eligibility.
- Minimum ACT composite score of 20 is required. The ACT test must be taken within five years of the application deadline. Contact the Testing Office for information about registering for the ACT dates.
- After being accepted into Jefferson State, submit a UAB/JSCC Joint Nursing Program Application
- Print Application Checklist and Ranking Score to make sure you’ve met all admission requirements.
After Acceptance into the UAB/JSCC Nursing Joint Enrollment Program, Students are Required to:
- Provide proof of CPR certification at the health care provider level from the American Heart Association. Online classes are not acceptable unless it contains an onsite skills demonstration.
- Provide proof of hospitalization insurance
- Purchase liability insurance through the college. Go to college cashier at any campus to purchase.
- Submit Initial Admission Medical Form.
- Submit to a random drug and alcohol testing for chemical dependency. This will be done on campus prior to clinical experience start date as well as randomly throughout the program at the expense of the student.
- Background screens are required by agencies utilized for clinical learning experiences. Clinical agencies may deny facility access based upon a student’s background screen. Acceptance to the nursing program is contingent upon an acceptable background screen. Information on how to complete the background screen will be included in your acceptance letter.
- Individuals with criminal charges who plan to apply to the program should contact the Associate Dean of Nursing to confidentially discuss their eligibility for program admission.
Tuition and Fees