All students who receive VA Educational Benefits must do the following in order to have their enrollment certification submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs:
- The student must have a complete Admissions file. Transfer students prior credit must be evaluated before enrollment certification can be submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Tuition must be paid at the time of registration. All students must submit a copy of the Request for Certification of Educational Benefits form and pay for all classes registered to have their enrollment certification submitted to the Department of Veteran Affairs. *Chapter 33 students must submit the Request for Certification of Educational Benefits form in order to have their payments applied. If a CH 33 student registers for courses and fails to submit the required form each semester after registering, their schedule will be dropped.
- Students must complete the Request for Certification of Educational Benefits form, the 85/15 Confirmation of Compliance form (if applicable) and the Statement of Understanding form to submit to the Jefferson State VA representative for certification approval. These documents require a student’s signature.
- Students are required to speak with an academic advisor to ensure the courses the student is registered for are required for the major on file in Admissions and are included in the current degree plan. *The VA will not cover courses that are not required for the student’s major.
- If a student plans to withdraw from a course, the student must notify the JSCC VA representative of the change in their status. Failure to notify our office could result in an over payment.
- Once all required documents have been submitted to the Jefferson State VA office, verified and payment has been received (if applicable), the student’s enrollment certification will be submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs.