Registration Information - VA

Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and to help keep our students and community safe, many of the courses offered at Jefferson State Community College will be delivered online or in a hybrid format. Jefferson State is offering a limited number of on-campus courses.

If you are a recipient of Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) or Chapter 31 benefits, you are required to have at least one class on campus/hybrid to receive your full housing rate. Therefore, we strongly encourage our VA students to register early and to select courses that are listed as “Hybrid/Blended” if the course you need is available in such a delivery. Additionally, if a course is listed as having a “Lab” and has a day and a time assigned, it will be processed as an on campus course.

DSC 0231For certain AAS programs, if your class is listed as a “Preceptorship”, “Clinical”, “Internship”, or a “Lab” that is assigned a date and a time, that course will also qualify as an “On Campus” course.

Lastly, if you are needing to take a Developmental Course such as ENR 098, ENG 099, MTH 098 or MTH 099 you must choose one of the on campus offerings to qualify for VA certification for those hours.

For your convenience, we have converted the required VA paperwork to a Dynamic Form that you can submit electronically, select “VA Forms” and complete the Request for Certification of Educational Benefits form and submit.

Additionally, if you are changing your major, you must complete the following steps:

  • You are required to notify the VA Coordinator and complete a new “Statement of Understanding” under “VA Forms”.
  • You must Click Here to update your benefit at and follow the steps to update your benefit. When you have completed the application, you will receive a confirmation page that you MUST also email to Ms. Rose Marie Cobb at [email protected] as proof of the change and for your JSCC VA file.
  • You also must change your major with JSCC. Please complete the “Change of Major” form. This will then be processed through the Records Office. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the change of major is processed.

If you have any additional questions please contact Ms. Rose Marie Cobb at (205) 291-1303 or [email protected] between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.