The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) is an industry-led, training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation’s front-line production and material handling workers. The nationwide MSSC System, based upon industry defined and federally endorsed standards, offers both entry-level and incumbent workers the opportunity to demonstrate that they have acquired the skills increasingly needed in the technology-intensive jobs of the 21st century.
Certified Production Technician – Safety (CPT-Safety)
The CPT -Safety certification addresses the core technical competences of higher skilled production workers in the safety sector of manufacturing. MSSC awards certificates to individuals who pass the Safety Module. A full Certified Production Technician (CPT) Certificate is available to students who complete the full CPT course, or the remaining three modules.
- Customer Needs
- Communication and Leadership
- Team Building and Decision Making
- Safety Organization
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire and Electrical Safety
- Hazardous Material Safety
- Aligned with OSHA 10
This course is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to communicate effectively in a manufacturing culture and to understand safe work practices performed in a manufacturing environment. Topics covered include:
- Work in a safe and productive manufacturing workplace
- Perform safety and environmental inspections
- Perform emergency drills and participate in emergency teams
- Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action
- Provide safety orientation for all employees
- Train personnel to use equipment safely
- Suggest process and procedures that support safety of work environment
- Fulfill safety and health requirements for maintenance, installation and repair
- Monitor safe equipment and operator performance
- Utilize effective, safety-enhancing workplace practices
Individuals completing this course will have the opportunity to receive an MSSC CPT certificate for Safety.
MSSC Site Coordinator