Admission Requirements

We are so happy you have chosen Jefferson State Community College!

Enrollment Documents

All applicants must submit one primary form of identification. This may be submitted in person, by mail, e-mail, or online at Identification cards cannot be submitted through fax.

Enrollment Services is available at every Jefferson State location to provide information to incoming students. Please use the menu on the left for a detailed list of requirements for admission to Jefferson State. We look forward to helping you through the admission process so you can begin a rewarding experience at Jefferson State.

Mailing Address:

Enrollment Services – Admissions and Records
2601 Carson Road
Birmingham, AL 35215
(205) 856-7704

Admission Office Hours

Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM

Listed are the Admission Requirements & Document Submission Policies for All Enrolling Students.


  • Primary Identification
  • Official High School Transcript/GED


  • Primary Identification
  • Transient Letter (must list enrollment term and JSCC courses to be taken)


  • Primary Identification
  • Official High School Transcripts/GED
  • Official College Transcripts


  • Primary Identification
  • Official High School Transcripts/GED *If not already submitted
  • Official College Transcript(s) *If not already submitted

Primary Forms of Identification

Examples of primary forms of identification:

  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
  • Unexpired Alabama identification card
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card — Pre-1997
  • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  • I-797 Form with expiration date

Transcript Submission Policy

  • Transcripts must be official. They cannot be sent via fax or as e-mail attachments.
  • College transcripts must be sent directly from the college or educational agency by mail or electronic submission service, such as e-Scrip, to
  • High school transcripts must list a graduation date and may be submitted by mail or e-Scrip from the high school or delivered in person by you if sealed inside an envelope from the school. Transcripts with a future graduation date are considered partial transcripts.
  • GED transcripts may be requested through

Transient Letter Submission Policy

Transient letters may be mailed, e-mailed (PDF format) or hand-delivered. Letters must list the semester you plan to attend, the JSCC courses you have permission to take, and the signature of a registrar or advisor.

Former Dual Enrollment and Accelerated High School students must submit a final high school transcript before enrolling as a college student at Jefferson State.


White Spacer 250 Tall